Saturday, February 25, 2012

Excerpt from an actual email we received...

"Please help, I have just been mislead and pressured into having my air ducts cleaned and sanitized, UV light installed, for $2,772.00... and he said I was down 6 lbs of Freon? They haven't done the cleaning yet, that will happen Wednesday. My creditor is supposed to mail them a check within 7-10 days. After reading about why you do not clean air ducts, I'm so confused because I feel like I've been totally ripped off!

I'm wanting to call 8 on your side. It's like you mentioned, it was high pressure sales. The company is ******".

Nobody should ever feel uncomfortable or pressured when dealing with any company. Unfortunately the air conditioning industry has some unscrupulous contractors who have found that they can make lots of money selling unsuspecting customers products and services they do not need.
If you are ever suspicious of an estimate you have received - or just want a second opinion - please call Sean McCutcheon's before you do anything!

For a tongue-in-cheek and "slightly" exaggerated parody of the tactics some of these predator companies use - please visit www.acbarn.com.

At Sean McCutcheon's Air Conditioning and Heating, Inc. our mission is to educate people so they know what to look for, and do not get ripped off!

Sarasota Air Conditioning Repair, Service, And Maintenance

2 comments: